At GANT we are passionate and curious about everything we do. Through our performance- and solution-driven mindset, we have the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that you should Never Stop Learning.
About the team
Working with the store team in Reading you will be responsible for managing the store while reflecting GANT’s vision and goals. As a store manager you will coach and inspire your team members to outperform their targets and together take GANT to the next level. You will report to the Area Manager.
- Act as a role model to strengthen GANT’s customer service guidelines to the team and ensure top-class service
- Achieve sales targets and related KPI’s and meet short- and long-term goals for the store
- Recruit, train and develop team members, ensuring individuals have a clear understanding of GANT’s goals and objectives
- Lead and motivate the team each day
- Ensure constant team development through our learning platform, GANT Academy
- Ensure the store’s visual presentations and merchandising meets company standards
- Ensure everyone on the team is up-to-date with brand guidelines initiatives, the product assortment and features, and sustainability targets
- Drive store operations, such as the store environment and staff administration, and make sure retail policies and procedures are in line with company standards
- Genuine interest in people – both as customers and as colleagues
- Driven by sales and performance with a competitive spirit
- Experience of coaching and developing teams
- Passion for fashion and lifestyle concepts
- Planning and time management skills to drive daily operations
- Experience of sales and customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Experience of recruitment is an advantage
- And, of course, you love GANT and our products!
To bring value to our teams we welcome diversity regardless of background.
What we offer
A career at GANT demands a results-oriented mindset plus creativity and ambition. Those who have the right attitude will be given opportunities for personal development and internal promotion. We provide you with development tools and expertise through our learning platform: GANT Academy and Sales and Service program. There will be international career opportunities for the right person. Your time at GANT can be for a lifetime or just one of the best experiences of your career!
Other great benefits include:
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% discount including sale items, 25% in outlets
- Life insurance (Death in Service)
- Holidays 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your Birthday
- 2 days paid time off for you to do Voluntary work
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity leave
- Enhanced Paternity leave
- My GANT Rewards Programme, which gives you fantastic savings with cashback and discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Access to GANT wellbeing hub with lots of resources to help individuals with their wellbeing
- Individual awards for customer service praise or job well done
- In store promotion prizes
- Annual pay review
- Company paid sick pay
- Further Education Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous Learning and Development
- Refer a friend scheme
Apply with your CV and a cover letter as soon as possible. We review applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than you think! Until then, get to know us by following LifeAtGANT.
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance, successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. We have assessed this role and do not consider that we would be able to sponsor a successful candidate under the Skilled Worker route as the role does not meet the relevant Home Office criteria; the successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their own right to work during the recruitment process without GANT sponsorship.